Thursday, February 2, 2012

Metropolitan Musings

It is another year and I find myself in yet another place. If there is one thing to know about me, know that I love the thrill of saying goodbye. Nothing truly excites me like the thought of picking up and moving. This year I find myself back in Washington, DC, I first fell in love with this city when I was a sophomore, I spent my spring semester interning and studying in the city. DC is the opposite of Ventura (and Malibu for that matter) in literally all aspects, and I think that's why I like it. I view life as a game of "Shoots and Ladders," in order for progression you need a shift, sometimes you fall down a shoot but that's just apart of the game. How boring would life be without a couple risks, clarity and awareness come when you least expect it. My favorite part about my detachment issue is that I can't make excuses or reasons for staying...

I have realized that, I hate the thought of a stagnant lifestyle, its arduously terrifying and quite frankly, I'm not into it.  I am expectant that my current endeavor will segue into a career path...or at least clarity into what it is I want to do with my life. As I get older, it is becoming more and more evident that a Disney Princess is not a realistic job prospect (...but Kylie, Jaclyn and I still remain hopeful that someone will want to create a reality show about how awesome we are, liiiike no one can "network and hang out" quite like we do). Until then, I am quite content with my current lifestyle, but hopefully (for my dad's sake) I will have an epiphany and get a real job/life...but for now, I am a blessed 20 something year old living in a vibrant, cultural city that never seems to (let me) sleep.

Let's see I arrived on January 17...I'll give you a sparknotes of my life:

  • I am working for a small lobbying firm on The Hill
  • I have discovered that UGGs are not suitable for East Coast rainy days
  • "Cupcakes and Cocktails" is by far one of the cutest party themes, ever 
  • It is extremely difficult to stay awake to watch Laker games, but a fans got to do what a fans got to do
  • I have become a Groupon/Livingsocial addict
  • I have won the Sprinkles whisper game twice (in one weekend, no shame)
  • I'm trying to be a Pescaterian (more like give up red meat...we'll see how it goes) 
  • The weather out here is unreal (65 yesterday, I went running in a shorts last night), last time I was out here the weather was constantly below freezing...and you better believe I'm not ok with that
  • My favorite places in the city are: the Mall (at night), the Portrait Gallery, the Fairmont Spa and Teaism
  • P.O.V has a killer view, but I could do without 80% of the people...
  • As cliche as it sounds, "But, we're from LA," really works, go figure. 
  • My favorite places to watch people: dingy sports bars and the metro
  • I love having people visit me: I'm 3 for 3 in weekends...its like I never left California. 
  • I've got a pretty stellar group of 4 (I meaannn, its pretty exclusive?) everyone is a brunette, tan and a different ethnicity (Persian, Pakistani, Venezuelan and Japanese/Texan)...I am for the first time not the TAB or the odd man out...go figuree

No comments:

Post a Comment